Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
Corporate Social Responsibility is part of the way ITL, ITL Group do business with commitment to the community, for a green environment, safe workplace and good health, for a sustainable future. CSR is of utmost concern at the Group, while our Group Companies undertakes several CSR initiatives at local level, the Group also take the CSR initiatives on Promoting education/Health care. Over the year ITL has implemented several CSR projects such as all round development of children, women and youth belonging to underprivileged section that have been acclaimed at the State and National level.
With the advent of the Companies Act, 2013 (“Act”) constitution of a Corporate Social Responsibility Committee of the Board and formulation of a Corporate Social Responsibility Policy became a mandatory requirement. Therefore, the Company has formulated a CSR Policy which encompasses its philosophy and guides its sustained efforts for undertaking and supporting socially useful programs for the welfare & sustainable development of the society.
- To lay down the guidelines for the Company to evolve its relationship with society by way of social and economic contribution and by giving back to the society for the resources it used to flourish by adoption of appropriate business processes and strategies.
- To fulfil the directive of the Act enjoining prescribed companies to develop and implement a CSR policy specifying the activities to be undertaken by the Company.
- To prepare list of activities, programmes and projects to be undertaken during the implementation year, specifying modalities of execution and implementation schedules for the same.
- This policy shall apply to all CSR initiatives and activities taken up at the various work centers and locations of the Company, for the benefit of different segments of the society, specifically the deprived, under privileged and differently abled persons.
- Any surplus arising out of the CSR projects or programmes or activities shall not form part of the business profit.