ITL follows a competency based recruitment process, wherein technical as well as behavioral competencies are assessed in candidates. The group has a competency model that is customized to different roles and work level. Psychometric tools, panel interview and reference checks are used for getting on board talent with right competencies for the roles in the group companies.
Induction is one of a very important dimension of managing talent in the group companies. A newly joined employee is inducted such that (s)he is professionally, socially and culturally integrated. The employee is made aware of the group policies and depending upon the role, an induction plan is prepared and the employee made to interact with all relevant stakeholders.
The Group has a robust performance management system (PMS) in each of its business. The concept of Balanced Score Card is used after customizing it to the groups’ unique cultural ethos and managerial philosophy. The thrust of PMS is alignment, wherein the individual business objectives are aligned to the enterprise objectives and the objectives of department aligned to the respective business objectives. Individual objectives are aligned to the objectives of the department / business.
A rigorous review of the objectives takes place on a quarterly basis, with thrust being to facilitate and enable for execution. At the end of the performance cycle, the performance is evaluated, at the backdrop of context. The learning agenda and career interests are identified for being addressed.
Reward & Recognition
Good performance that is consistent is rewarded deferentially. The rewards are not necessarily in terms of financial rewards and non-financial means are also taken for rewarding consistent high performance.
Learning & Development
The group has designed and implemented delivery mechanisms of addressing the Learning & Development needs of employees. ITL is one such forum wherein employees undergo Short Duration, ITL Management Development Programs and Certification programs.
We believe that training is like an investment which in time yield excellent results in terms of better quality, increased efficiency & customer satisfaction. We have a excellent in house training room manned by the experienced faculties, trained at all plants.
Creating the future…
The Leadership Development Initiative got commenced in the ITL Various important tenets of the Leadership Development Initiative are given below:
Vision: To lead the management practices in developing global business leaders who build sustainable businesses.
Philosophy: The ITL Leadership is grounded in following philosophical tenets:
- Leadership has a direct impact on business outcomes
- All can be developed into leaders. However, developing leaders within defined time frame is easier if minimal threshold leadership competencies exist
- Spot early, identify the competency profile and leverage on the strengths of people
- Leadership is not individual heroism but a team phenomenon
- Leadership team has to be constituted such that the team members complement each others’ competencies
Objective: Build a pipeline of leaders by spotting objectively and developing experientially.
The Leadership Development in the ITL is an on-going initiative and the approach to Leadership Development consists of:
- Spot early and objectively, based upon competencies
- Decide the career path
- Develop leaders for the next career role by designing experiences
- The onus of development is with the person; however, facilitate, support and mentor people being developed
- Stick to the development plan with rigor
- Monitor and review the plan for achievement and mid-course corrections if needed
- Appreciate and celebrate development
The leadership development initiative is led by each of the business head within the strategic framework of the Group Corporate.